- Forlano, L., B. Marshall, and M. Heidaripour. (2018) “Making Diverse Economies: : A Study of Local Making and Manufacturing in Chicago.” Chicago, IL: Institute of Design, Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Forlano, L. and Halpern, M. (2014). “Design as Advocacy and the Future of Work: Lessons from a Participatory Design Workshop on Reimagining Work.” Open Society Foundations. New York, NY.
- Forlano, L. and Mathew, A. (2014). Codesigning Urban Technology for Citizen Engagement: From Citizen-Centered to Collaborative Cities.” Policy Brief for the “Designing Digital Networks for Urban Public Space” Project. Urban Communication Foundation.
- Forlano, L. (2010). “Comparing Media Labs Across Cultures, Industries and Organizational Boundaries: Case Studies of Five Media Labs in Europe, North America and Asia.” Magyar Telecom and Central European University. Budapest, Hungary.
- Forlano, L. and Powell, A. (2010). “From the Digital Divide to Digital Excellence: Digital Excellence: Global Best Practices for Municipal and Community Wireless Networks. Washington, D.C.
- Forlano, L. “Conversations on Media, Technology, Society & Culture: Media and Communications at a Crossroads ~ The Role of Scholarship for Media Reform and Justice,” New York: Ford Foundation, 2007.